Rivcash Forums REGISTER for FREE

Go Back   Rivcash Forums > English Forum > Support

Old 02-05-2010, 08:09 AM

Question No CNAME option -- Need Riv's DNS

Hello: My domain provider (Nic.Mx) do not work with cPanel... I can only point my domain to RivCash through DNS settings...

Please, provide here primary & secondary dns' to achieve successful pointing...

Regards...
Old 02-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to admin

Hi! I've answer to your PM.
Anyway, you do not need RIV DNSs. You just have to modify your DNS as you can read in "Create site" section.

Basically you have to add a CNAME record to <yourrivcashloginname.rivcash.com>
and then create a site and add your domin name as domain name and www.yourdomain.ext as alias
Old 06-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Hi! I've answer to your PM.
Anyway, you do not need RIV DNSs. You just have to modify your DNS as you can read in "Create site" section.

Basically you have to add a CNAME record to <yourrivcashloginname.rivcash.com>
and then create a site and add your domin name as domain name and www.yourdomain.ext as alias
I'm not sure what I'm doing when I visited my Cpanel in GoDaddy. I followed your instructions. But This is what my Cpanel is asking for...
"CNAME (Alias)

To create a new CNAME record for your domain, please complete the Alias Name, Points To Host Name, and TTL fields below; then click "OK."
Note: The Points To Host Name should be defined as your domain name (i.e., "www.domainnamegoeshere.com") or "@" (Entering "@" will automatically insert your domain name as the host name for the CNAME Record). The Alias field should be the subdomain of your top-level domain the CNAME record points to your domain.

For example: If you want the CNAME record to point "www" within your domain to "www.domainnamegoeshere," you should enter "www" in the Alias field and "www.domainnamegoeshere.com" in the Points To field. If you want the CNAME record to point "email" within your domain to "email.domainnamegoeshere," enter "email" as the Alias and "email.domainnamegoeshere.com" as the Points To Host Name."

Please help me. I'm so frustrated I'm almost ready to give up on this white label webcam idea.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to admin

Hi, looking here we founs some tips about godaddy.
http://help.godaddy.com/article/679

So:
Enter an Alias Name = your subdomain if you want to set up something like: webcam.yourdomani.com or www if you want to setup it up on www.yourdomain.com (remember to add one more CNAME record with this field blank to be able to use yourdomain.com (with no www) as well)

Points to Host Name= just enter yourlogin.rivcash.com where yourlogin is the rivcash username you use to login to control panel.

When done and when Dns are updated, just go to Rivcash controlpanel and set up a new site.

Tags
cname, dns